Preview: 2019 Sun Life Financial Alberta Ladies Amateur Championship
Alberta Golf (Edmonton) –
The 2019 Sun Life Financial Alberta Ladies Amateur Championship is set to begin Tuesday with 41 players competing for the prestigious title. The 54-hole stroke play tournament field is made up of competitors who range from 13-year-old Jayla Kucy to 61-year-old Candace Wickens.
Dates: July 9-11
Course: The Ranch Golf & CC
Yards/Par: 5,751 yards/71
2018 Champion: Kat Kennedy
2018 Mid Amateur: Alexis Skyesong
2018 Mid Master Champion: Barbara Flaman
Format: 54 holes of stroke play
The 2018 Sun Life Financial Alberta Ladies Amateur Championship saw Kat Kennedy of Okotoks outlast Sydney Colwill of Arizona at Willow Park Golf Course in Calgary as both players went low shooting rounds of 66 and 67 respectively in the final round as Kennedy won the title by 1.
The Alberta Ladies Amateur Championship was first contested in 1929. The Mid Amateur and Mid Master divisions were added to the event in 2003 and 2010, respectively. Sun Life Financial has been a proud sponsor of the event since 2002.
2018- Kat Kennedy
- Sabrine Garrison– 2017 Alberta Ladies Amateur Champion
- Kehler Koss– 2017 Junior Girls Champion, 2019 Calgary City Ladies Champion
- Taylor Stone – 2018 Future Links, driven by Acura Western Champion
- Kaitlyn Wingnean – 2017 Alberta Bantam Girls Champion
- Barbara Flaman – 2018 Alberta Senior Ladies & Alberta ladies Mid Master Champion
- There are three contests up for grabs this week. The Amateur Championship which is open to all competitors, the Mid Amateur Championship for those aged 25 and over, and the Mid Master Championship for those aged 40 and over.
- The top three competitors at weeks end will make up Team Alberta at the Canadian Women’s Amateur Championship at Red Deer Golf & CC July 23-26.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Ranch features all the facilities of one of the top golf courses around Edmonton. These include:
- Our championship-calibre course
- A fully-stocked pro shop—in 2012 we were named Merchandiser of the Year by the PGA of Alberta and Retailer of the Year by the PGA of Canada for all of Canada
- Our licensed clubhouse, featuring a full menu for golfers and visitors
- A driving range for warm-up, lessons, and practice
- Pitching and putting greens for you to round out that short game
At The Ranch, our comprehensive facilities allow us to cover all of your golfing needs. This is one of many reasons we’ve been ranked as one of Canada’s top 100 courses.
More information on the Ranch Golf & CC can be found here.
ABOUT THE SPONSOR
Sun Life Financial has served Canadians for 150 years. With an array of products and services, Sun Life is able to offer trusted solutions for customer’s needs. Beyond business, Sun Life is committed to operating in a socially responsible way and acting as a good corporate citizen. Sun Life Financial has been a dedicated sponsor of the Sun Life Financial Alberta Ladies Amateur Championship for 16 years.