Albertans at the 115th Canadian Mens Amateur Championship
Pictured above: Brady McKinlay of Lacombe, AB
FINAL LEADERBOARD FEATURING THE ALBERTANS
Click here for full scoring.
Click here to download images from the championship. (Photo credit: Justin Naro / Golf Canada).
Team Ontario won the 36-hole inter-provincial team competition, the Willingdon Cup, by combining to shoot 10 over par. Team Alberta, consisting of Max Murchison (Calgary), Andrew Harrison (Camrose) and Matt Bean (Canmore) finished runner-up, six shots behind Ontario at 16 over. This is Ontario’s first Willingdon Cup since 2014 and their 32nd since the inter-provincial competition was established in 1927.
A total of 76 players who finished 10 over par or better advanced to the final two rounds that will be contested at Glen Arbour. Albertans Max Sekulic, Andrew Harrison, Carter Graf, Logan Carver and Brady McKinlay all made the 36-hole cut.
WILLINGDON CUP FINAL STANDINGS
1. Ontario – Matthew Anderson, Charles Fitzsimmons, Ty Celone, *151-143-294 +10
2. Alberta – Andrew Harrison, Matt Bean, Max Murchison, *155-145-300 +16
3. Québec – Étienne Papineau, Étienne Brault, Olivier Ménard, *152-150-302 +18
4. Nova Scotia – David Williamson, Brett McKinnon, Kevin George, *160-145-305 +21
5. Manitoba – Colwyn Abgrall, Austin Dobrescu, Jordy Lutz, *155-151-306 +22
6. New Brunswick – Calvin Ross, Stuart Earle, Bastien Nadeau, *163-145-308 +24
6. Saskatchewan – Danny Klughart, Jehremy Ryde, Justin Wood, *161-147-308 +24
8. British Columbia – Jackson Rothwell, Isaac DH Lee, Roy Kang, *163-152-315 +31
9. Prince Edward Island – Curtis Hall, Saulomon Lanigan, Tyler Hashmi, *160-166-326 +42
10. Newfoundland and Labrador – Andrew Bruce, Ryan McNeil Lamswood, *164-163-327 +43
11. Northwest Territories – Stephen Versteeg, Ron Lafond, Brad Waugh, *187-172-359 +75