Alberta Golf offers opportunities for interested applicants to assist in a variety of operational and governance roles that best suit their interests, knowledge and skills.
The following are volunteer roles for championships:
- Rules Officials
- Starting & Scoring Officials
- Leaderboard Standard Bearers
- Walking & Checkpoint Live Score Recorders
- Spotters & Forecaddies
- Tournament Chairs
- Tournament Rules Chairs
The following are advisory teams that individuals can contribute to in support of operations:
- Brand & Business Development
- Community Programs & Services
- Rules & Competitions
- Sport Development
There are four standing committees within governance that volunteers can take part:
- Finance, Audit and Risk Management
- Human Resources and Compensation
Board of Directors Application Process
Board of Director Responsibilities
Board Recruitment Information Sheet
Thank you for taking an interest in volunteering as a Board Member for Alberta Golf. The following are things you can do to get started:
- Complete the Director Application form.
- Obtain two written letters of reference as outlined in the introductory letter with the Director Application Form. Please note the comment about advising your references that they will be contacted to discuss your application.
Following a review of your application and references, a member of the Nominating Committee will be in personal contact with you to discuss your application and volunteering opportunities with Alberta Golf. Applications are welcome at any time throughout the year and we will do our best to get you involved in your area of interest as soon as possible. The election of Directors takes place at the Alberta Golf AGM. It should be noted that individuals will be required to complete the appropriate screening process applicable to their position.
In an effort to continually improve this Application Process, we welcome any constructive comments and suggestions. Please direct all feedback to the attention of the Chair of the Nominating Committee. Please forward your completed Board application form and letters of reference to at the attention of the Chair of the Nominating Committee at: email@example.com or mail to Alberta Golf: #22, 11410 27 Street SE, Calgary, AB T2Z 3R6.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the Chair of the Nominating Committee at the above email, or any of our current Board Members. Thank you again for your involvement in Alberta Golf.